I am a Fundraising and Leadership Coach and Consultant, specialising in helping charity leaders become entrepreneurial creative leaders who change behavior and raise more money. I am currently working on global legacies strategies for international NGO’s and runs a leadership and coaching programme and i’m a speaker, writer, podcaster and contributor to NGO’s.
I have over 30 years in the sector at all levels in the UK and internationally, and in 2014 I decided to take the leap to working for myself in the sector in the UK and globally. I was most recently working as Executive Director at Action on Hearing Loss, the RNIB and as Director of Fundraising at Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centre’s in the UK. From 2006 to 2010 I was Development Director for Legacy Fundraising at the NSPCC. I joined the NSPCC in 1998 as Director of Community Appeals where I was responsible for Local volunteer and community fundraising, schools, and national events across the UK. In 1999 when the Full Stop appeal was launched I managed the appeal in the regions, which raised £55 million. Before joining the NSPCC, I was Head of Regional Fundraising at UNICEF for 3 years and prior to that spent 12 years in a range of fundraising and management roles at Scope. I was previously chairman of Remember a Charity, a consortium of over 145 charities promoting gifts in wills, and have just recently served 6 years as Vice Chairman of the Institute of Fundraising.
Giving. Leadership. Ideas. Insight. Inspiration
These themes have run through my blog and approach since I started.
- I am passionate about giving – time, money and influence. It is the lifeblood of society and community and people who care and make a difference.
- I believe in leadership. Personal leadership. Finding, sharing, motivating, and empowering people to be brilliant – to take control and make an impact.
- I believe in ideas, innovation and creativity based on respect for the past and what it has taught us, but with fresh open minded thinking and the courage to try things out.
- I believe in insight. About donors, about products, about brands, about the way we work. But most of all, insight into the way people, volunteers, donors, fundraisers and leaders understand themselves, improve and develop to be better – and make a bigger difference.
- And finally, I believe in inspiration. Life is too short to live without inspiration. It’s a light I like to seek out and hope to share.
Good Leaders is a project and mission which began in 1983 when I started fundraising as a local community fundraiser, but became a fundraising, leadership and coaching service in 2016. I launched a podcast called Good Leaders which explores entrepreneurial leadership for the non-profit world. You can subscribe or listen here Good Leaders
Finally, If I can help you solve a problem you may have in your not-for-profit, team or personal fundraising or management world, I would be very happy to talk to you. You can email me at Stephen George or to hear more about my events or services from time to time at please subscribe to me at Good Leaders Coaching
All the best